Monday, January 08, 2007

Feelin' Lucky

I've been walking around feeling pretty 'lucky' and appreciative these few days. This is going to sound totally idiotic but i'm still gonna say it. When i was walking to the bus stop on fri and as usual, the feeder bus jus jus jus left, I was about to cuss when I told myself to be thankful that I'm stepping on tiles, there's shelter and there's a good bus to take. While celebrating Andy and Dawn's birthday at Helios, I was glad there were such creature comforts.

While walking through the neighbourhood park, i felt thankful again that its such a safe city, i can walk around without worries, kids are playing happily at the playground, we can all go to school, etc ...

While eating Yong Tau Hu at Kopitiam, i was glad the food is good and cheap. And my tap water is clean and dont smell of copper.

While watching Blood Diamond, I was glad to have never experienced the pain of civil war or war of any kind.

The list goes on ....

And nope i haven't turned all religious or anything like that.

Figured i had better jot these down before i morph back into the kiasu, materialistic Singaporean tomolo. I'm sure the CBD air and the morning MRT rush will wipe out any feelings of contentment and thanks in no time at all.

So let me be appreciative for just one more night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home