Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pedi Luv

Moi just blew some hard-earned moolah on a much-needed pedicure, what with all the dust, sand and soil that got into my fake berks.. which turned into liquefied dirt whenever my shoes got wet… Can’t even begin to imagine all the toe jam.

I simply love pedicures. Frankly I don’t enjoy manis half as much, since most of the time, I’ll chip off nail polish in under 5 days. So it just becomes a waste of money. And a source of constant heartpain whenever I look at the missing bits. Even shorter lifespan if it’s a dark shade and chipped dark nails are painfully obvious. Dark colours are precisely the reason why you get someone to paint your nails anyway (with the exception of French and nail art), since it’s that much harder to get a smooth matt dark shade right when you DIY.

As I floated home on rubber slippers, (packed them along in my work bag) having chucked my heels into a ziplock bag post-pedi, I had a rather morbid thought. If I got into some road accident, at the very least I’ll depart with nice feet. Anyway that’s besides the point.

Dipping tired feet into a hot hot tub of slushing water, having my soles filed, ridges buffed and smoothed, cuticles tidied up and toes massaged is such a wonderful feelin, awww…I feel so comforted and pampered that I wish all the pedicurists in the world are male, then perhaps I can marry one of them and enjoy lovely toes forever and ever. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home